News – Page 2
First of all thank you to all our loyal supporters who continue to support our fundraising occasions. Also a huge thank you to Michael and Kate for their very efficient advertising of these events. The Woodborough Web has been so helpful and we shall miss it, but please watch out for information about future events.
Date for your diary
Wednesday 7th September
Afternoon Tea with guest speaker in the Village Hall
Also look out for the return yet again of our popular ‘Big Breakfast’. This will be held sometime in November.
Cancer Research UK are once again holding their
BARK FOR LIFE
This event will take place on May 22nd 2022
at Rushcliffe Country Park
I will be taking part with my canine friend Ada and wondered if anyone would like to take part with their own dog. We have so many doggy friends in Woodborough and this would be a great event to raise money for CRUK. Dogs of all breeds, shapes and sizes take part and it’s a fun event!
If you feel you would like to take part I can be contacted for more details then call me, Kathryn, on 9652463, or go on the Bark for Life website. It is a sponsored event and every little helps! No pressure.
A message from Beccy, new landlady of The Four Bells, Woodborough
Woodborough Tennis Club
- Play on the tennis courts behind the Village Hall on Lingwood Lane
- Welcome all new players of any ability
- Offer very reasonable membership rates (2021 Family £55 Single from £20)
- Offer ‘Pay and Play for ad hoc play (2021 £3pp/hr)
- Offer coaching sessions for adults and juniors ( via the school)
- Enjoy club nights and have fun
- Are affiliated to Notts LTA
Visit the website for loads more info
Woodborough Church Fellowship
Our next meeting is on the 10 May at 2pm when we will be having a quiz at The Institute.