News – Page 8
Calverton and Woodborough Allotment Association
Normally at this time of year I would be letting you know about the alternative venues for trips we are considering both for Spring and Autumn. Unfortunately under the current circumstances this is not possible but we will all go on working our allotments and enjoying the benefits that this brings.
You will be needing various garden sundries in the coming weeks as you sow seeds and prepare for the new season. The trading shed is fully stocked at present with new season compost including grow-bags, potting, multi-purpose and peat free as well as various types of fertiliser. It also carries a range of canes and netting to support and protect your produce. However, probably because of Covid, there has already been a large demand and our stocks are getting low so to avoid disappointment you need to order early.
The Trading Shed is not generally open. In order to comply with guidelines you should ring Malcolm on 07814879720, tell him what you need and agree a time when you will collect it. He will leave your purchase outside the trading shed and you will collect. Payment to be arranged with Malcolm. Hopefully this will work well.
Finally can I once again encourage anyone who would like to try their hand at managing an allotment to contact the Parish Clerk as there are still some sites available.
Mike Hope (Secretary) 0115 8458703
Lambley Historical Society
Unfortunately all events remain cancelled until further notice.
Design A Croods 2 Inspired Treehouse
In partnership with ‘The Croods 2: A New Age’ and Co-op, we want children up to the age of 16 to design their very own Croods 2 inspired treehouse for their local community. What’s more, the winning entry will be brought to life and built within a nearby Wildlife Trust location to be enjoyed by the public for years to come!
What do you need to do to enter?
- Head over to Co-op Insurance website to download the treehouse template and top tips for entering
- Design a Croods 2 inspired treehouse for your local community – it can be as wacky as you want, let your imagination run wild!
- You can draw, paint, use computer software or even cave drawings to create your design, but above all be sure to think about how this could be used by the community and bring a lot of fun.
- Share the design on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #Croods2Treehouse and tag Co-op (@coopukinsurance on Facebook and Twitter) and Neighbourhood Watch Network (Facebook: @ourwatch; Twitter: @N_Watch and Instagram: @neighbourhood.watch.insta) to enter.
- The competition closes on 22nd February and the winner will be contacted within 5 days via social media. The treehouse will be built by 26th March, just in time for the film’s release and Easter holidays!
You can also download a FREE CHILDREN’S ACTIVITY PACK
Bonington Theatre – What’s On
Click below for ONLINE VIEWING
Woodborough Flood Risk
You can download the latest information from the Environment Agency by clicking HERE.
Notts Mental Health Hotline
If you know anyone who is not coping well with things at the moment it could help to let them know about this helpline, run by Turning Point.
The number is 0300 555 0730. It is available from 9.00am – 11.00pm 7 days a week.
Message Sent By
Bob Vaughan-Newton (NHW, MSA, Gedling North)